(click to see full sample)
To assist medical examiners and coroners' offices during the investigation of all sudden pediatric deaths, the SUDC Foundation created the brochure “Help for Families: When an Infant or Young Child Dies.”
This free, personalized brochure can be created and printed for any medical examiner or coroner office. You may choose from medical examiner, coroner or mixed-system versions. Use the form (to the right) to request one today.
The brochure outlines for families in a clear manner:
- how the medical examiner and coroner process works,
- defines the roles of the professionals that may be involved,
- provides reasonable time estimates for the investigation process,
- provides national resources
- allows for local resources to be included as well.
The brochure is intended to be provided to the next of kin by the investigator during the scene investigation and can be used for all manners of sudden pediatric deaths.