Together, we can make a difference!
The SUDC Foundation is the only organization worldwide devoted solely to the needs of families and professionals touched by unexplained death in childhood. We welcome charitable partnerships with the corporate community and offer a variety of meaningful ways for corporations to partner with us.
Corporate charitable donations enable The SUDC Foundation to fund crucial research into the causes and prevention of sudden unexplained death in childhood as well as provide vital support services for parents and family members affected by the tragic and unexpected loss of their child. Corporate charitable partners may contribute toward the following programs:
- SUDC Family Support Services: Intended to help families cope during the arduous journey of recovering from the tragic loss of their child: Regional Family Gatherings, Grandparent programs, Educational Webinar Series and Standardized assessment tools for families can all funded be through philanthropy.
- DNA Banking Service: With advances in clinical testing securing a genetic specimen (DNA) can be a crucial part in potentially pursuing more information about a child's death. This is why the SUDC Foundation finds it so crucial to offer DNA banking advocacy services. Philanthropy from the business community can provide financial assistance for families when it is needed to complete DNA banking.
- Research: The SUDC Foundation supports and encourages research that may lead to determining the cause(s) and someday the prevention of these childhood deaths. The SUDC Registry and Research Collaborative will analyze cases of sudden unexpected deaths in these children to understand risk factors and causes, and develop preventative measures. Funding is required to offset direct costs associated with research coordinators, neuropathology, neuroimaging and infrastructure.
- Workplace Giving: Employee giving programs are a simple and effective way for businesses to involve their employees in corporate social responsibility. Giving programs empower employees to support their favorite charities. Payroll deductions, annual drives and matching programs can all be designed to meet your business strategy. Please contact our Director of Development to discuss establishing a workplace giving program to meet the needs of your employees.
- Participation and Volunteerism: We provide opportunities for employees of community minded companies to participate in volunteer service through SUDC Foundation events. Employees can participate as teams in SUDC walks and runs or volunteer their individual time and talents by helping out at registration and vendor tables.
Sponsoring an SUDC Foundation event provides companies the opportunity to connect with participants to build brand consciousness while at the same time associate with a crucial cause. Our sponsors receive several promotional activities including prominent visibility through onsite signage, appropriate recognition on printed materials, media coverage, inclusion on the SUDC Foundation website and select social media sites.
We are aware of and sensitive to the fact that in addition to benefiting our foundation initiatives, return on investment is critical. Our staff works individually with each sponsor to design the right sponsorship package, ensuring established corporate brand and target market needs are met. For more information on how you can sponsor an SUDC Foundation Event please contact our Director of Development, Elizabeth Milliken.